These instructions will be useful for all MTK firmware versions. For people who love stock Android, but want additional features on top, Syberia OS is another Android custom ROM to consider. Built on top of AOSP/CAF, Syberia OS offers almost everything you’d want from your Android phone. Bliss ROM is a new custom ROM in the Android ecosystem but it has huge potential. It not only develops ROMs for smartphones, but also for tablets and Windows devices like Surface Pro. And the overall experience is quite nice as it comes with a customized launcher and desktop mode.
- This is why Samsung’s phones look vastly different from LG’s devices, even though they both run Android.
- Motion Photos is a feature that records a small video every time you take a picture, allowing you to see what was happening before/after you took the picture.
- So if you own phones from one of these OEMs, I would highly recommend Paranoid Android to any other ROM on this list.
- For some devices, this can prove to be a difficult process involving circumventing the manufacturer’s safety precautions.
- It is a reliable and feature-rich camera app that is worth trying.
However, this does not guarantee every phone will always have the latest version. Manufacturers only keep phone software updated for a certain period of time, so phones eventually age out. You’ll need to check with your specific manufacturer to see how long your phone will see updates. Once the user has wiped the storage and memory of his device, he can go ahead to install and flash the custom ROM to his device using the custom recovery. Before starting with the actual flashing, it is advisable to take proper backups of your applications and data. Users can use different methods to backup as per our article on taking backups depending upon whether the device is rooted or not.
Then specify a backup path on PC and click «Backup» to start the Android backup process. Above all you need to download and install Dr.Fone on your Windows or Mac. Your device will be recognized and the main interface of Dr.Fone will show up.
For this reason, many users turn to custom ROMs or Custom ROMs to keep their smartphones current and to enjoy the latest news. Since Android is open-source software, anyone can download the source code, alter it, and put it online for people to use. By flashing different types of ROMs from Android enthusiast communities, you can not only get a truly stock experience but also try out all-new Android skins. There are a lot of folks out there who think that stock Android is superior to other versions because of its simplicity. These issues make some users long for a simpler, lighter version of Android, which the stock variant provides.
- See if there’s a GCam thread for your phone on XDA or posts on your phone’s subreddit.
- However, replacing the stock ROM with a custom ROM may void the warranty of the device.
- For the app submitted by download stock firmware users, APKFab.com will verify its APK signature safety before release it on our website.
- Moreover, with this program there is no fear of data loss during the backup or restore process.
- So, when you pick up a Xiaomi smartphone, it looks and behaves differently than a Samsung smartphone.
If a setting isn’t available, it’s possible that it works like the original GCam app. To use it, open Night Sight and if 1) it’s dark and 2) the phone is steady (on a table, tripod, etc) it will automatically enable the Astrophotography mode. On some phones, it is enabled but doesn’t support all features needed by GCam. Some brands (ASUS, Xiaomi) don’t have these restrictions at all, so you can use any package name and still have access to all cameras. In this hub you get all available GCam APK ports from various developers. You can scroll down through the list and try one or all of these to find the best suitable APK port of Google camera for your phone.